Pre-Conference Training Course: Monday May 20, 2019
LEARN HOW TO ACHIEVE GREATER GAINS IN COMPLETIONS EFFICIENCY
>> You Can Drill The Well Fast And Drill It A Long Way Out, But Can You Actually Complete The Well And Get It Online Timely & Effectively?
With the continued push for drilling longer laterals and achieving incremental gains in efficiency, a growing challenge for drilling engineers is effective completions. Drillers are recognizing that it is one thing to drill an extended lateral, but it is a greater challenge to successfully complete it. The ultimate goal for E&Ps is to have the well completed and to see production profile on it as quickly as possible.
- This training course is designed to deliver knowledge on effective practices to complete long laterals and materials/technologies to drive efficiency. The workshop leader will also present 'on-the-ground' case studies to demonstrate how to take completions concept and put them in practice.
Training Course Starts: 9:00am
MEASURES TO COMPLETE AND GET WELLS ONLINE QUICKLY & EFFECTIVELY
9:00 Assess Strategies To Timely & Effectively Frac And Complete Intervals In Extended Reach Laterals While Reducing The Risk Of Equipment Failures
- Understand how this operator looked at the bigger picture and took completions and production into consideration when making drilling decisions and determining lateral length
- Learn best practices to get to the toe and complete and frac intervals/stages that are further afield
- Find out ways to effectively get getting liners in your completion equipment to total depth
- Examine small and/or step changes in frac stages, frac fluids and proppant types/sizes, that have proven to increase completions efficiency to get the well online quickly